We are open!
We are following the Utah Health Department guidelines for “Personal Care Services”. These guidelines have been put in place with your safety in mind. These are in place to allow services to the public while protecting them, our students, our employees, and their families. Thank you for your understanding.
CARES ACT-HIGHER EDUCATION EMERGENCY FUND (HEERF)
POLICY ON DISTRIBUTION OF CARES GRANT FUNDS TO STUDENTS
On April 9, 2020 Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos made money available from Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Securities (CARES) ACT. The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) was intended to support both institutions and its students.
- Top Nails & Hair Beauty School acknowledges that signed and returned to the US Department of Education the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- As of May 28, 2020, Top Nails & Hair Beauty School has received $16,723 from the US Department of Education pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- An estimate of 38 students are eligible at Top Nails & Hair Beauty School to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- To date, 38 students have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- Top Nails & Hair Beauty School determined the eligibility of students using the criteria set out by the Department of Education for Title IV participation. To ensure that all eligible students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, Top Nails & Hair Beauty School will proportionately disburse emergency funds to qualified students. 38 students will be divided into the total awarded amount of $17,632 for a single disbursement of $464.00.
- Top Nails & Hair Beauty School will notify students of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) CARES Act Emergency Financial Aid Grants, disbursement dates of emergency assistance funds for Title IV eligible students, and how funds will be distributed. Students will also be notified that funds received could be subject to taxes. A contact person at Huong Wang has been designated to address questions specific to the matter.